Thursday, February 4, 2010

Koro - 700 Club


I'm surprised that Knoxville doesn't have a bigger music scene. I mean seriously, wtf? That close to Nashville, Atlanta, and Charlotte, the city itself isn't exactly tiny, and I can't recall one band from the area. Who knows, I might be missing someone obvious, but so far only Koro comes to mind.

Okay, the last two punk EP's had some deviation between songs, but not these 8 blistering tracks. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though because these 8 tracks are just pure angst with solid guitar work. Honestly, "Dear Sirs" sounds like it could have been a Municipal Waste song at some point and "Blap!" is something that I'd expect from D.R.I.. Give these guys some more time and they could have surprised us with some crossover thrash stuff after a while of tinkering with their already brilliant style of hardcore.

I honestly can't think of anything else to say other than it's fecking good and you should find a way of listening to this right the fuck now. Seriously, stop reading this and go download it or buy it somewhere now. Shit's cash. My only complaint was that it was all over too fast. It's like meth, I need MOAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment